A documented journey on yummy food, good reads and thoughtful musings.



Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm back....

Finally I am getting back into the swing of things after being off for a bit.  We went and picked up our daughter from the grandparents ( she had a good time as always) and visited for a few days and we also did some camping.  We actually tented it and I tell you I am not used to sleeping on the ground on a little mat.  I woke up stiff and sore.  However, I do like camping - I like the idea of being outside, of cooking food and cleaning up outside.  There are no campfires allowed anymore so that's a bit of a bummer but what can you do. 

After camping - we spent some time gardening, moving plants and doing some canning etc.  We made a batch of blueberry jam and some pickled beets.  Antipasto is next on the list.  I will post the recipe for the jam as it has no pectin in and uses tart apples and limes.  I have made it several times and it is always good.  I even did plum last year using the same method. 

Our garden is flourishing - I have been picking and cooking beans and tomatoes and am pretty excited as our peaches will be ready soon.  We do however this year have a lack of bees - so this has really affected our crop of cucumbers and squash. 

Recipes to follow so but I wanted to let you know that I am still around.

No comments:

Post a Comment