A documented journey on yummy food, good reads and thoughtful musings.



Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sticking with it.....

I am starting to stick with it.  By that I mean that I am actually making an effort to exercise and to keep up the daily dose of something for myself.  Last night, I mowed the lawn and vacuumed the house.  Once that was done and dinner was done, I decided to do the level 1 yoga meltdown again.  I was still a bit sore from the first time around but I liked it and figured why not do it again.  I can tell after one time that I am a bit more flexible - I was able to reach my toes in this one move whereas in the first time around I wasn't able to.  Its all good but I tell you I can feel it this morning.  I wonder how tomorrow will be.  They say that the second day is always worse.

Hubby and I went to a place called Island Natural - its a health food store here in town and on the last Wednesday of each month they have what's called WOW Wednesday.  It means you get 20% off everything you buy as long as it is not already on sale.  We bought some dried organic black beans and pinto beans, some rice noodles, some almond milk ( they didn't have the brand I like) and some texturized vegetable protein.  The other thing we bought was a bean mix of sorts - it was a Jamaican curry coconut one.  Its made in the Okanagan and is all organic.  It comes with a little bag of mixed beans that you soak and a bag of some spices, ground brown rice, quinoa etc.  I soaked the beans over night and threw it all into the crock pot with fresh water this morning.  We'll see what this evening brings.  Here is some further information on the product that we got as well as all the other products the company makes.  Have a look when you get a moment.
http://www.timelessspirit.com/NOV09/pdf/Francine'sFinestRetailCatalog.pdf

This weekend we are heading to Victoria to pick up our daughter.  Not sure what else we will do but I am sure we will find things to do and places to go.  We are thinking about going camping for a few days next week - still investigating where and when so we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment