A documented journey on yummy food, good reads and thoughtful musings.



Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Kid free

My husband and I are enjoying a kid free week thanks to the grandparents.  Our daughter is close to them and she spends time with them in the summer.  She loves it and so do we.  She always goes to a half day camp while visitng with them so that they have a break and she has something to do.  This week she is attending a half day pottery camp each day which from all reports seems to be going well.  An artist in the making. 

Its nice to have kid free time once in a while, as much as we may love our kid(s) it still is nice to not have them around.  We decided to go out for dinner last night at this mexican place we like but don't go to often.  It was yummy as usual and afterwards we went for a walk along the waterfront.  It was nice.  I am still feeling the pain from doing the yoga meltdown DVD.  My shoulders are sore.  I am planning to do something different this evening to try and work some of it out.  I figure if I can alternate something with walking than I am doing pretty good. 

On the menu tonight is eggplant.  We make these yummy eggplant sandwiches or wraps with grilled eggplant brushed with a bit of garlic and oil, sliced tomatoes, basil, a bit of mayo and some feta or goat cheese.  Our daughter loves them and will often have two servings.  Salad on the side and you have a full meal.  Give a try, I am sure it will not dissapoint you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment