A documented journey on yummy food, good reads and thoughtful musings.



Monday, July 26, 2010

Exercise and sweat

I realized awhile ago that I don't like to sweat.  Of course, the whole not liking to sweat thing makes it really hard to motivate yourself to do any form of exercise that may result in sweating.  I know I have to deal with that and move on, I just need to figure out how.  I decided to choose to start something that I like and hopefully it will lead me to wanting to do other things and so the ball rolls.

I like yoga and have done a number of classes over the past 2 years in an attempt to deal with my headaches and general ill feelings.  I thought given that, I would try the DVD that Jillian Michaels has out.  Its called Yoga Meltdown.  There are 2 levels and the back of the case recommends that you start with level 1 and work your way up to level 2.  The case also indicates that you can loose up to 5 pounds per week but fails to indicate how often you have to do the levels. Is it everyday? Is it 3 times per week?

Regardless, I figure any exercise is better than nothing.  So with that thought I started the level 1 yoga meltdown today.  And let me tell you, it was tough - really tough.  Each level is 30 minutes with a brief warm-up and cool down.  I was sweating by the end and can feel my legs a few hours later.  I also have her 30 day shred video which I am thinking about throwing into the mix.

I would recommend that if you like yoga and are looking for a yoga video that is more challenging you should give this a try.  I will keep you up to date on how things progress.  I tried to get the hubby to do the video with me but it was a no go.  Nonetheless, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment