A documented journey on yummy food, good reads and thoughtful musings.



Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ramblings.....

As I indicated above the past 2.5 years there have been numerous health concerns, everything from roaring noises in my one ear to gallbladder pain.  Now I know that some of the pain I have,  I ultimatley have control of based on what I decide to eat and what I choose not to eat.  Should I choose the fatty, greasy, salty stuff I will have the side pain as my body tries to digest it and make use of it.  I know in my mind what smart choices I can make - its just a question of making the right choices. 

I have done alot of reading in the past few years and currently I am loving the books by Dr. Neal Barnard.  I now own a few of his books and love them.  What he has to say makes complete sense and it appears to be easy.  As I move my way to better health and the elimination of dairy, I find I am also moving away from meat as well as eggs.  Will I ever be completely without them - I'm not sure but I do know that if I feel better not eating them than I will aim to continue to not eat them. 

His books are great and I will post some links to them for anyone that may be interested.  I have also made a number of his recipes and will discuss those coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment