A documented journey on yummy food, good reads and thoughtful musings.



Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hornby Island Vacation time

We have been on Hornby island since last Saturday.  We come every year and love it.  Part of coming to Hornby island means that we need to plan meals and bring food with us.  As a result and I am sure as most of you know you tend not to eat as well or as healthy.  We have our daughter with us as well as her friend.  So having two 8 - 9 year olds meaning having food that they will like and will eat.  Although I have to admit that both of them are pretty easy eaters and willing to try anything.  So, we have had a week so far of burgers and hotdogs etc.  All of which don't seem to settle that well.  I have made a point however of trying to eat salads and such.

Mom and dad joined us today and we have a really yummy salad that mom made.  Something french with green beans, potatoes and such.  Mom even made corn bread with no dairy and it was yummy too.  When we come to Hornby we spend most of our time on the beach lazing about so exercise is not a high priority.  Although, I have been giving it some thought I don't want to set myself up for failure due to my own expectations.  I am thinking about doing the 30 day shred - has anyone done it for 30 days.  Its not something I see my self doing everyday but perhaps 3 - 4 times a week  along with something else.

I made and brought three different kinds of muffins with me that are all yummy.  I will post some of those recipes when I get home.  They are all vegan, low in fat so no bad cholesterol and good for you.  Even the kids love them and I am sure your will too.

I will post again soon once back from Hornby.

No comments:

Post a Comment