A documented journey on yummy food, good reads and thoughtful musings.



Friday, September 17, 2010

8 going on 15

We have an 8 year old daughter who is in grade 3 and I tell you some days it is like she is 15.  Boy she can be a handful - love her to death but she certainly has learned how to push our buttons and than some. I am sure anyone with kids can relate to what I am saying. It does make me wonder what will come as she gets older and more "mature".

Here finally is the recipe using the blueberries that I told you about.  It is yummy.  I haven't had a chance to try it with other frozen fruit but I think it would be equally yummy.  It is quick to zip up and quick to eat. 

Blueberry Chocolate Frozen Treat

1 1/4 cups frozen blueberries
2 tbsps cacao powder
2 tbsps maple syrup
1 tbsp almond butter (could most likely use another nut butter in place of almond)

Blend all ingredients in a food processor and eat immediately.

It is really good and if you are craving ice cream but can't find any or can't find any without dairy this should do it for you. Besides it being better for you and your family.  Try it out and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment